Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Zonked!

Wowsa!!
The workouts this week are kicking my butt! 
I am sore from head to toe...and I LIKE it! 
It's reassuring to know I have been giving it my all during my workouts.

Yesterday's workout was brutal. 
It was too HOT in my garage to workout so I took what I needed outside under some shade.
Occasionally there was a breeze..every now and then. 
 My wod consisted 5 rounds of 10 burpees, 10 pushups, 20 kettlebell ab twists, 45 second plank, and 30 goblet squats.
I've done that WOD before, but doing it in over 90 degree weather gave it an extra challenge to say the least.
By the end, I was covered in grass and sweat. 
And I don't mean I was a little sweaty, my shirt was soaked in sweat. (Gross I know!)

Post workout...
I didn't want to move. 
I didn't want anyone to bother me.
 I needed some alone time where I could just sit and do nothing but drink my hard-earned protein shake.
And that's what I did.
Luckily, I was able to relax and cool down for a half hour before my little one woke up from his nap!
I don't normally feel this way after a workout, but I my workout left me zonked.

Do you ever feel this way after a workout? 

1 comment:

  1. Again, thanks for your posts! I'm on day 26 of your 30 day crossfit challenge. Actually, I'll be on day 26 tomorrow as well. Day 25 kicked my butt and I hurt! But, it's a good pain. The pull ups did me in. Keep posting girl! I need it! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete