Thursday, May 16, 2013

30 Day At-Home Crossfit Challenge



    I decided I would share my 30 Day At-Home Crossfit Challenge with you in case anyone wants to join me..and this way I don't have to bore you with posting my WODS everyday with you! I wanted to share my at-home workouts with you because I know I'm not the only one who can't afford to go to a box (not to mention the closest one is an hour away)! I am a beginner so I don't have much equipment...I have a 15 lb kettlebell and one 8 lb dumbbell. That's it! Even if you don't have that, just find something heavy to use until you get one. As for box jumps, I don't have a box either, so I jump up 2 steps on a set of staircases.

No excuses.

Before you begin, know that you WILL be sore. You will hurt. You will want to quit. And if you are like me, you will HATE it...at the beginning that is. But the more you do it, the more you will love it. You just wait and see!

On the schedule, you will notice on REST days I still have down to run or walk one mile. It's still good to stay active even on a rest day. It doesn't even have to be a walk or a run. You can go swimming, go for a bike ride, or play JustDance on the wii!

I believe one of the most important things to remember is...Never compromise your form! These workouts are tough! You will get tired and will want to rush to be done. This is when injuries normally happen. If you have 20 pushups left to do and your back is arching and your body is not align..stop. Take 1 minute to catch your breath. And then try again focusing on your form and keeping your body tight/align. If you still cannot complete your pushups, finish them by doing "girl pushups". There is nothing wrong with having to do girl pushups. Don't over do it to the point you hurt yourself. Listen to your body! (But don't listen to your mind. Your mind will always give up before body.)

Also, before and after pictures are always fun! Take a picture of yourself before the challenge as well as after! If you do, be sure to share! I will be posting some photos and sharing my progress next week!! Eek!

Now go get your sweat on!


30 Day At-Home Crossfit Challenge


“Be stronger than your strongest excuse.”


Day #1


Run 400m
15 squats
10 pushups
20 kb swings


*4 rounds
Day #2


7 burpees
14 kb swings
21 situps
10 squats
7 lunges


*5 rounds for time
Day #3


10 burpees
15 pushups
20 bike crunches
25 scissor abs
30 squats


*5 rounds
Day #4


15 burpees
25 situps
25 pushups
20 tricep dips


*4 rounds

Day #5


5 burpees
10 pushups
15 situps
20 squats


*8 rounds
Day #6


Rest


Run/Walk
1 mile

Day #7


20 goblet squats
20 splitlunges (each leg)
10 box jumps
20 kb slashers
20 swings


*3 rounds
(5 for advanced)
Day #8


AMRAP 20 min.


20 db thrusters
10 pullups
10 bicep curls
20 overhead squats


Day #9


Run 800m
6 pushups
6 boxjumps
9 squats


*4 rounds
Day #10


AMRAP 20 min


15 kb swings
10 burpees
15 squats
10 pshups
Day #11


10 pullups
100 jumpropes
10 boxjumps
10 pushups


*5 rounds
Day #12


AMRAP 15 min


10 hand-release pushups
12 air squats
100 m sprint
10 inch worms
7 burpees
12 alternating lunges
100 m sprint
Day #13


REST


Run/walk 1 mile
Day #14


AMRAP 20 min


Run 200m
9 burpees
30 crunches
5 pushups
10 squat jumps

Day #15


Run ½ mile
10 pushups
20 squats
30 situps


*6 rounds!

Day #16


Invisible Fran
(for time)


21-15-9


air squats
& pushups


Day #17


Run 400m
15 squats
10 pushups
20 kb swings


*4 rounds
Day #18


15 burpees
25 situps
15 pushups
20 tricep dips


*4 rounds
Day #19


REST


Run or walk
1 mile
Day #20


5 burpees
10 pushups
15 situps
20 squats


*10 rounds
Day #21


Run 1 mile
33 pushups
Run 1 mile
33 air squats
Run 1 mile
33 burpees


(Don’t give up!)
Day #22


10 burpees
15 pushups
20 bike crunches
25 scissor abs
15 squats


*5 rounds
Day #23


20 goblet squats
20 split lunges (each leg)
10 box jumps
20 kb slashers
20 kb swings


*5 rounds
Day #24


REST


Walk or Run
1 mile
Day #25


Run ½ mile
6 pushups
20 jumpn-jacks
10 squats


*4 rounds
Day #26


10 pullups
100 jumpropes
10 boxjumps
15 pushups


*5 rounds
Day #27


AMRAP 20 min.


15 kb swings
10 burpees
15 squats (air)
10 pushups

Day #28


Invisible Fran
for time
(*see day #16)


Jog 1 mile


Day #29


Run 1 mile
33 pushups
Run 1 mile
33 air squats
Run 1 mile
33 burpees
Day #30


5 burpees
10 pushups
15 situps
20 squats


*12 rounds

KB=Kettlebell
AMRAP=As Many Rounds As Possible (in the set time)
Air Squats=Squats without weight
400M= m means meters (400m is 1/4 mile)

Good Luck!!!!

If you are NEW to working out or haven't done exercise in a LONG time, you may find you need more rest days. Feel free to take a rest day every 3-4 days if need be. Rest days are actually good for you, just don't get in the habit of taking too many days off. Don't let yourself go more than 2 days without working out. Because if you do, it will be THAT much harder to get back into it! Trust me.

 One more thing, feel free to mix this schedule around to better fit your work/home schedules. For example, I know some people don't like to workout on Sundays so you can kind of play around with this schedule and change it so Sundays are always your REST days. Just know that I put them is certain orders for a reason. After a HARD day, I try to make the next day not quite as hard. (But face it, everyday is a hard day in crossfit!) Or if I ran/squat a lot one day, I try to focus more on situps or pullups the next day so you don't have too much wear and tear on your legs.




46 comments:

  1. Good for you! That's awesome that you have found such dedication. I am intrigued by crossfit but lack the funds to do it in a "box" or the motivation to do it at home. I won't put anything past myself though, it could happen. I had never run a day in my life and now I am training for a half marathon, so stranger things have happened. Keep up the good work! Would love to see before & after pictures whenever it comes to that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      A half marathon?! Wow! Good for you!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this! I have been wanting to do a crossfit workout, but didn't really find anything that intrigued me until I found this on pinterest! I will be doing day 1 today! I've been running this year and did my first 5k back in April. I can't get out much with 3 kids, and the treadmill bores me, so I'm glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Glad I could help! Good luck! It sure kicks my butt!

      Delete
  3. Just started this today...and my husband had to make me do the last set! Thanks for posting this! I'm printing it out and putting it on my fridge to remind me to do it everyday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! Good luck! And I know what you mean about needing help! It seems my husband always has to help me on the last few sets of pushups!

      Delete
  4. I'm starting to train myself to run the Zombie Mud Run 5K at the end of September. I have a goal this year to do this mud run since I turn 50 this year in October and at the same time I want to lose 30-40 more pounds. I've lost 14 just by counting calories on MyFitnessPal app. I've been running a little and walking a lot. Today was the first day I ran the most without stopping.....1.44 miles and stopped just a few times. It's a start, but I know I have a long way to go. I've wanted to incorporate crossfit into my workout schedule to get stronger and build endurance. It's summer break for me so I have more time to focus, but with 3 teenage athletic girls, they keep me busy. I want to be able to keep up with them athletically. I have a few questions....mostly about the acronyms for the different routines in each day. Such as 400m, 20 kb swings, bike crunches, tricep dips, goblet squats, splitlunges, , box jumps, kb slashers, swings, AMRP, db thrusters, pullups at home?, overhead squats, hand-release pushups, air squats, inch worms, alternating lunges, squat jumps, invisible Fran, 21-15-9 (Day 16).....so sorry, but I'm really a beginner. Thanks so much for this blog and your help. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zombie Mud Run?! That sounds fun!! I love mud runs and my husband would LOVE the zombie part! Congrats on the losing weight!! That's great! Keep up the good work! :) As for the acronyms... AMRP=As many rounds possible, DB=Dumbbell, kb=kettlebell, 400m=400 meters (1/4 of a mile). And for the other workouts you are unsure of, I find it best to look them up on youtube. I also didn't know what a lot of them were when I began and had to learn. Finding videos will also help teach you proper form! I could try to explain each one but it would get confusing I'm sure. Anyways, Good luck on your 5k!

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much....you've been a big help. Good luck to you also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. 20 min. Sorry I forgot to have that on there!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. As Many Rounds As Possible .. Do as many rounds as you can in the set time.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the cross-fit challenge! I am using this as a part of my 30 before 30. I have also included you in my blog to share!

    http://craftygriffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much lady. You've inspired me and I'm starting my own 30 days next week using your WODs. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing! Excited to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks greta. I have asked my hubby to.join me in this one. One question...whats "db thruster"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! Good luck!! DB mean Dumbbell and the best way to understand thruster is to youtube what a crossfit dumbbell thruster is. I could try to describe it to ya but it would be confusing.

      Delete
  12. How do you do the pull ups at home with no equipment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just recently got a bar to do them! My husband works at a school and they got new squat racks and were getting rid of their old ones. My husband asked for one so we have it in our garage now. There is a bar at the top so I climb up and do them on that...well, attempt to do them that is. Pullups are quite a challenge for me! ha

      Delete
    2. if you don't have a bar..you can always try to do them on a tree branch or at a park. Or you can replace doing pullups and do elevated pushups at an alternative.

      Delete
  13. What are inch worms? And KB Slashers? Thank you for posting this! I am about to head out on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and needed a way to continue with crossfit for the next 18 months. I'll probably end up just doing different variations of this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! Yes, most of these you will be able to do traveling..you will just have to tweak it a little bit. As for the inch worms and KettleBell Slashers..I find it best if you look up these on youtube for a tutorial you can watch! Explaining it in words often gets confusing!
      Good luck & safe travels!!

      Delete
  14. This workout looks really good! I just wondered what things you would suggest adding in in place of the running. I injured myself a few years ago and can no longer run.... at all. I can still swim and bike and things like that... any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been following her workouts as well, I had knee surgery the years ago and am not allowed to run. I use the elliptical or substitute the running for brisk walking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ignore- I figured it out. Thanks! Loving these workouts. K- that's a lie but I do feel a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this thank you! Do you by chance know the calories burned during this challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  19. On day 8.. thanks for the challenge. My pullups stunk...guess I have a new goal..to master those Pullups again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lets see the results... YAY! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm going to give this a try! Glad I found it! I've been running for 6 years now consistently, have run numerous 5k's and two half marathons and I'm getting burnt out on running. I need a change. This looks like could be the change I'm seeking! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing this! I'm going to have to give it a try. I just need a little 30 minute home workout I can do everyday so I can still have time for everything else to fit into my busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My wife would love this! She has been wanting to find a 30 minute home workout that she could do in the morning before the kids go to school, and this looks like something she would want to do. I'll have to show her! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This was a really cool read. I totally want to do this for a 30 minute home workout. It would be perfect for my schedule and all.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so glad I found this blog. I am new to crossfit but eager to try. I am a mom of 2 and in my country (Malaysia) its not easy to find the box. so I'm gonna try this at home challenge. Thank you so much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What do you do for your warmup? What can I do instead of pullups if I don't have a bar yet? THanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm on day 7 today. On top of this workout, I'm swimming 3-4 days a week, and running. With just the week, I've become addicted and I love it. I'd love to see the results you've had as well! Thanks for making this!

    ReplyDelete
  29. It says no equipment at the top, but some of your workouts require a kettle bell, dumb bells, or a box. If I don't have any of these, what do you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just wanted to say thank you for your post and sharing your calendar! I used to be apart of a cross fit family but could no longer afford to be apart. I started this calendar yesterday and my legs are feeling it today! About to start on day two! Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is really good but is it good. But I have high blood pressure. Is it good for me?
    Compliance Hong Kong

    ReplyDelete
  32. Is the 400 m run for day 1 .25 of a mile? Because I ran a quarter of a mile for each round which then resulted in me running a mile at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Just started as you describe above.This chart really helpful to me. Thanks for the sharing.

    ReplyDelete